7.4.06

End of tutorials and homework; Start of exams prepartion and haunted by "Sloth" sin

Hi all.. this week ended all the tutorials ive been having this sem, and that signifies a bad thing - exams r coming!! AAaaaaahhh!!! Anyway, I sort of finish my tutorials already (and gone through them hehe) and also, there r more things 2 complete b4 i can finally start 2 bury my mind with concepts from Physics esp (coz thats the 1 im most worried abt, CS1102S isnt much of a worry - yea right :P) Others mah.. all chooooing during reading week lor.. kekeke..

Anyway, i was wishing 2 post an entry abt the 7 deadly sins in my blog, but i kinda gave up the idea (or rather, throw the idea at 1 side 1st, exams more impt!! :P) but anyway, ill tok abt the largest and 1st sin that i have all my life - sloth.

So what's sloth? In other words, it means laziness.. WHAT? being lazy is a sin?! yea it is, pple r born 2 work 4 their life (well any organisms had 2.. haha) and being lazy is not supposed 2 b part of our dictionary.. but becoz of this "sloth" sin within us, we get 2 b lazier, wishing that things wun b that fast (esp in Singapore, pace is pretty fast) and we do something called "slacking", which is simply doing - nothing..

Perhaps ive been born with sloth haha.. i never seem 2 b enthu in things that i never b enthu in, and it even applies 2 homework, so usually i end up rushing homework and tutorials, while most of the time i wasted was at the TV (man the show on channel 8 "the undisclosed" is really nice.. :D ) and at the comp.. chatting in MSN and surfing aimlessly.. strangely, pple keep telling me that im very hardworking 1, but in fact, im juz pretending to, or rather forcing myself to.. i know my time isnt enough, out of 24 hours, 6-8 hours on sleep in weekdays, at least 6 hours in sch, the remaining on homework and slacking.. so i stuff my homework for the remaining time (i admit, i do my homework too at sch, but not 4 long, coz i end quite late) 2 complete, 2 help others, 2 check ans with others..

i realised that helping others in homework, no matter in MSN or IVLE forum made me understand each module better.. so in fact, i might not b that "sloth" actually haha.. (thats y u kinda c my name at the forum often - trying 2 clear my doubt / help 2 ans b4 the lecturer does haha) and vice versa.. im very grateful 2 pple who helped me stand for CS1102S esp, coz afterall i didnt have much programming experience b4 coming 2 SoC and i suffered much initially when i juz jumped 2 java.. in other module, PC1432, 1 guy offered 2 help me along, but heh, thats very nice of him really :)

anyway, do u noe that sloth is an animal too? theres a cute pic of it there haha.. basically it climb trees at a very very very very slow rate.. and time is never a factor 4 it haha.. perhaps i should become like it - take things slowly (ok, not too slowly) of course, we students shouldnt b like it 4 now, esp exam period hehe..

ok, thats all, btw if ur interested in what r the 7 deadly sins - greed, sloth, gluttony, pride, lust, anger and envy, y r they deadly and etc, u can always google abt them - its really interesting and really makes us think of who we should b or should grow to b.. a movie abt them would b Se7en, in 1995 (not advisible for those aged below 16 and those who r scared 4 watching horror movies (like me :P) ) gonna take lunch now, bye! :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still have se7en on my comp, Liyi. Want it?

Or would you prefer 'The Ring'? or 'Saw'? or...

MUAHAHAHAHA

Liyi said...

Lol.. no thanks ill skip it :)