10.4.06

My mum's 10th death anniversary and Falling Sick once again..

Hi everyone.. yesterday happened to be the 10th death anniversary for my mum.. (ok not really death anniversary, thats in july, its called 清明节 (Qing ming jie) ) 清明节 is an annual event for the younger chinese 2 clean their eldery's graves and offering food to the dead. It usually involves burning of joss sticks and hell notes too, so that the dead wun b poor and broke in Hell itself.. Her death occurred 10 years old, whereby it was the day 2 celebrate her mum's birthday (in other words, my grandma (female side) ) and i went along with her to malaysia to celebrate it.. Little did we noe that this happy occassion would turn out 2 b a day for my mum's death..

On the way 2 Singapore, both of us were trying 2 queue for bus 170 to cross over the Causeway and 2 reach Woodlands Checkpoint.. but becoz the queue was so long, both of us decided 2 walk to Singapore ourselves.. when we tried 2 cross the road (whereby its the road for motorcyclists to check out of Malaysia and in2 Singapore..) and we crossed the road thinking that there r no motorcyclists moving already and who knows.. we blacked out b4 we knew what was going on..

After a while, I woke up and found my mother lying in a pool of blood.. as a 10 year old girl, I'm very scared and keep asking mum if she can still recognise me.. but she didnt, she kept asking me "Who are you?".. I was so scared.. luckily there were passer-bys around 2 help us.. and a taxi sent me and my injured mum 2 the nearest hospital.. but when we reached the hospital with my dad (who hurriedly came in2 the hospital from Singapore), she was nearly dead.. according 2 the doctor that time, he told us that my mum had lost too much blood and she needed a blood transfusion.. poor me that time i didnt noe my blood type is exactly the same as hers (i only found out that while making the IC) or else i could have saved her life afteral.. :'( in the end, she passed away juz like that..

Thinking back now, the primary 4 girl has become a uni student, and 10 years has passed since her death.. i didnt remember much of the accident now, only remembered that i had a bum on my head (and the doc said that bum might make me stupid, yea right haha) ah, life is soo brittle, u never noe today might b the last day of ur life (touchwood!) and u might not even live till tml.. so we these alive humans should cherish our 1 and only life, we never noe whats gonna happen 2 us in the next second, next min, next hour.. so i always do my best everyday, afraid 2 regret 4 not doing anything that i should have done in the 1st place..

After the visit 2 the Choa Chu Kang cemetry, i fell sick.. sat i was already having a sore throat and by breathing in the smoke produced by burning papers, i started 2 get runny noses and headache arrrrgh!! oh well, i had 2 struggle with the flu, 2 complete my ET1000 portfolio (i was thinking of submitting the file despite being so sick) and now, i have completed it..

Today, i still feel pretty sick in the morning, runny noses and sore throat again argh! my parents told me not 2 go 2 NUS today, but i insisted (because i believe i would become well fast enough (yea im acting strong) ) and so, after my PC1432 lect, i had 2 go 2 YIH as my sickness is getting worse.. when i arrived there, there r a couple of pple having flu and such (phew) and i had 2 get my medicine.. $2 for all, yay! in the afternoon, i decided 2 finish up the ET1000 portfolio in the CS1102S lab (nay i had enough of cold air con, afterall its afternoon, so the air con wasnt that bad afterall..) and now, b4 going 4 ET1000 class, i wrote abt this entry..

That's all 4 today.. hope u guys cherish ur life (and not thinking of suicides of course) and try 2 stay healthy till the holidays, and dont b like me.. fancy having pre-exam flu, blehz.

No comments: